Autumn’s arrival brings lots of good things like cooler temperatures, changing leaves, and football. However, as great as the fall is, it can actually be one of the most hazardous times for drivers. Being prepared for these dangers can reduce the chances that you’ll need auto body repair. Here are five things Carolina Collision & Frame wants you to watch out for as you drive this fall.
- Deer – Fall is mating season for deer. This means that these creatures will be more active than usual. Keep your eyes on the road in case one runs across the road.
- Leaves – Did you know that wet leaves can cause you to hydroplane? Watch your breaking if you head into areas where leaves cover the road. Leaves can also hide road markers so stay alert and keep in your lane.
- Bridges – As the weather cools down, the first patches of frost will start to appear. Drive slowly over bridges in case there are any slick spots.
- Glare – The sun’s glare can be harsh this time of year. Keep a pair of sunglasses in your car and increase your following distance.
- Rainy weather – The fall can bring periods of rainy weather. Keep a reasonable distance between you and other cars, slow down, and use your headlights accordingly when driving in the rain.
Unfortunately, sometimes accidents can occur even when you’ve followed all the rules. If you need need auto body repair, collision repair, or paintless dent removal this fall, talk to Carolina Collision & Frame in Rock Hill, SC.